Dr. Khalid Alnowaiser
Law Firm of Alnowaiser
PO Box 50100 Jeddah 21523
PO Box 221631 Riyadh 11311
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
+966 92 000 12 80
+966 92 000 35 16
• Ph. D. United Kingdom–2000
• Fellowship in Arbitration United Kingdom-1996
• LLM Degre United Kingdom-1991L
• Master of Economics University of Francisco –1990
Admitted to practice in Saudi Arabia per the license obtained from the Ministry of Justice No: 24/112
Areas of Practice:
Litigation, Corporate & Commercial Law, Private Clients
Practice Focus & Experience:
Dr. Alnowaiser has extensive experience in general corporate transactions and in advising business and individual clients in complex commercial and litigation matters. He concentrates his practice primarily in general corporate transactions and litigation and dispute resolution, but he also focuses on the needs of private clients.
- Since 1996, owner and practicing lawyer of the Law Firm of Alnowaiser (), a firm provides various legal services locally and internationally. It represents corporate clients ranging from the biggest national and international companies to small and emerging businesses. In addition, the Firm represents many families and high net worth individuals. Prior establishing this firm, worked for several years in public and private sectors in Saudi Arabia.
- Appointed as Co-Arbitrator by the ICC .
- Extensive experience in general civil litigation, specializing in complex commercial lawsuits and disputes. Extensive experience in general corporate issues. Concentrates primarily in commercial and civil litigation and arbitration. Represented clients in various Saudi courts in cases of litigation & arbitration, including Airlines, Contractors and Banks – these are frequently complex litigations wherein the amounts in controversy reach into billions of Saudi Riyals.
- Represented a number of Saudi clients in local arbitration including one before the Jeddah Chamber of Commerce, in a property dispute wherein the total of the amounts in the controversy was over 1.2 billion Saudi Riyals.
- Represented, working in association with an international law firm, a Saudi client in arbitration before the International Chamber of Commerce for two separate construction matters wherein the total of the amounts in controversy was over two-hundred million United States dollars (US$200,000,000).
- Represented, in conjunction with a US-based international law firm, a Saudi client before the United Nations Claims Commission against the Iraqi Government, wherein the amount in controversy was over fifty million United States dollars (US$50,000,000).
- Extensive experience in Banking & Finance, Commercial & Corporate law. Provided professional advice to banking institutions on the structuring of both conventional and Shari’ah-compliant investment products amounting billions of dollars. Provided transactional and advisory work in respect of commercial arrangements, the formation of new business structures, regulatory and licensing, mergers and acquisitions, private and public equity. Involved in advising clients in relation to several commercial and corporate transactions and projects, including real estate, construction, intellectual property, insurance, human resources, tax and regulatory issues.
· Chairman of The Arbitration Committee of The ICC in Saudi Arabia since May 2011 till present.
· Member of the Saudi Arabian National Committee of the International Chamber of Commerce at the Council of Saudi Chambers of Commerce & Industry in Riyadh.
· Registered and recognized arbitrator at the G.C.C. Commercial Arbitration Center in Bahrain.
· Former Middle East corresponding member of The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London.
· Fellow of The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London;
· Member of International Bar Association (IBA) including the Arbitration Committee and Human Rights Institute.
ICC country reporter of the Task Force on National rules and procedures for recognition and enforcement of foreign awards pursuant to the New York Convention of 1958
· Member of the London Court of International Arbitration.
• Saudi Jurisdiction and the Alternative Penalties" – 05/08/2009.
• The Role of Saudi Monetary Arabian Agency and the Central Banks in Supervision and Managing the Financial Institution in Accordance with the Monitoring Bank Law"- 17/11/2009.
• "Free Litigation and Legal Proceedings" – 30/12/2009.
• "Accountability of Medical Mistakes" - 09/01/2010.
• 'Bribe" – 16/01/2010
• Reasons Behind the Revision of the UNICENTRAL Arbitration Rules" – 15/04/2010.
• "Attachment Order" – 05/05/2010.
• "Suggestions Regarding Modifying the Saudi Attorney Act" – 21/06/2010.
• "Fake Companies" – 04/07/2010.
• "The Role of National Systems in Encouraging Women Investments" 04/10/2010
Security Council and human Rights” 1-3 Feb 2011"
• “The Role of National Laws to Protect and Care for Orphans Rights” 26/04/2011
• Speaker: Fifth Conference of the Arab International Arbitration Union in Rabat City - 03 July 2004.
• Speaker: Saudi International Banking and Investment Conference 2007 in Jeddah – 10-11 April 2007
• The International Bar Association conference held in Spain in October 2009.
• Arbitration rules particularly the UNICETRAL in a conference held in Lebanon in March 2010.
• The Tag law annual conference held in Amsterdam in May 2010.
• The First National Meeting for Businesswomen held in Riyadh October 2010
• International Conference for Trade Marks – Amsterdam 2010.
• The First National Meeting for Businesswomen – Riyadh 4-5/10/2010.
• World Arbitration Forum for Intellectual Property ¬– Jordan 24-25/11/2010.
• Arab League Conference, Hague, The Netherland – 1-3 Feb 2011
• 1st Saudi Conference for Orphans Care held in Riyadh April 26 28, 2011
• Speaker: Saudi CRS Forum” A description of legal aspect and its importance in activating corporations legal responsibility” held in Jeddah June 7-8, 2011
• Inter Arab Investments and the challenges of settling the challenges of settling their disputes; Commented “Investment disputes resolution agreement among Arab countries of year 2000” held in Cairo Oct 10-11, 2011
• IBA Conference Dubai 2011
- 02 Nov 2011
The role of pro bono in well managed law firm
- 03 Nov 2011
PPID Show case dependent Judges Free people
- 04 Nov 2011
Rule of law – Symposium